Box 29: Elements of Effective ICT Vendor Agreements: The Development of SIPRES
1) Identify the specific development services needed with enough details to avoid ambiguity or error.
2) Detail how preventative, corrective, and upgrade maintenance will be provided, and include fixed rates for regular maintenance.
3) Detail the level of source code required and ownership of the source code.
4) Provide for effective release management so that conflicting versions of the software are not used concurrently.
5) Specify the times and methods of helpdesk services (online, call-in, in person).
6) Require vendors to create trouble tickets and report the most common helpdesk assistance and interventions.